Monday, December 7, 2009

Snow on the Altamont


Wow! What a morning! Alright Sydney has proven me to be a liar. Yesterday as we set our for our Christmas tree, Sydney said I wish it would snow here. I told her "it was cold enough to snow but it doesn't snow where we live, we have to go to the mountains to see the snow." Well we woke up to another freezing cold morning and Darin came in as I was getting my coffee and said it was snowing. I thought, ha ha, yeah right. I had to go outside to look, it was truly snowing. It was so beautiful. I packed the girls in the car as usual and off we went. I have to tell you it was a slow drive, but it was the most gorgeous ride over the altamont ever. It was a snow flurry, literally. I took a photo on my photo, which was way too dark to see, but thanks to Gaber, I got a picture. Thanks Gaber!! By the time Hailey and I headed back over the altamont the snow stopped falling but the hills were sparkling with the sun hitting off the snow. What a gorgeous day! I would take that commute any day!!

No comments: