Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sydney's 1st Day of Kindergarten




It was a nerve wracking day not only for Sydney but for Darin and I. Today was Sydney's 1st day of Kindergarten. It is just unbelievable that she has grown up so fast. She is an amazing little girl who has blossomed into a fun spirited, imaginative, brilliant person. Today she started school at 11 AM in the K-2 Classroom of Mrs. Esteves. You can tell she had some butterflies in her belly, although all she was worried about was that she was the only one with her lunch pail. Mrs. Esteves told her it was because some of the other kids were either getting hot lunch or had their lunch boxes in their backpacks, which eased her nerves. She was ready to go and went through the door without looking back. Hailey and I watched as I wiped away my tears. Hailey was more interested in playing on the hopscotch. Mrs. Esteves told all us parents that our children are in good hands, which was sweet of her. We picked Sydney up promptly at 3 o'clock and she was thrilled to see us. She had a fun day at school, although she "didn't want to talk about it" as she told us (what-ever that was supposed to mean). I began chatting with her about lunchtime and then she finally opened up. They learned the days of the week and today is Tuesday August 12th. They also introduced themselves to their friends. It was a fun day.

No comments: