Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day at Grammy and Grandpa's



Once we celebrated Christmas as a family, we got moving and ready to go to Grammy and Grandpa's house. It is a tradition that we get there some-what early so Darin and Grandpa can make us eibleskiever. Eibleskiever is a danish pancake-like puff pastry, about the size of a silver dollar, you can top with powdered sugar or strawberry jam. I personally like them topped with powdered sugar. Once we arrived Auntie Missy arrived shortly after us. We had a nice breakfast with Mimosas for the adults and waited until Uncle Scott, Auntie Kelli, Tyler ans Kalin arrived. Once they arrived the kids just couldn't wait to open their presents. We opened them promptly, no time wasted. The kids tore into their gifts and wrapping paper was flying, literally. We always have a wrapping paper fight once the gifts start being opened, yup another tradition, not to mention it is fun. Hailey gave the ant farm to Kalin this year. The ant farm has been passed around the family for many, many years, 18 or better. I know when I had been dating Darin for a couple years, I opened the ant farm and thought it was really neat and started to tear off the plastic until they started screaming at me to stop, it was a joke. Go figure. I just thought, man I have never had an ant farm, this could be interesting. That was when I was officially welcomed into the family, 15 years ago. Crazy to think that Darin and I have been together for half our lives. Pretty amazing. We love each other today as much as we did back then, which is special for me at least. So, we finished opening gifts and then Uncle Dennis arrived. We always have fun with Uncle Dennis. Later in the afternoon we had dinner and desert. We had some great family time and many laughs. It is always fun to sit and reminisce about the past a giggle about the future. Good times, good family, we are so blessed. Thank the good lord above for our blessings! We had a fantastic Christmas and feel very fortunate for all our little blessings from the past, present and future. Merry Christmas to all!!

No comments: